Thursday, May 13, 2004

Crazy World

An American civilian gets beheaded in Iraq. I'm not as shocked as many people here in the States and all over the world. I knew this was going to happen. I knew they would retaliate in some sort of way that had to do with some gruesome death that would be filmed and released. I don't know why people were so shocked, maybe it's just because I've seen these people put woman in children in their path while in an engagement with American troops. I always thought to myself, if I was in a situation to get captured, I would save the last bullet for myself or keep fighting till they had to kill me. If it's true or not, it doesn't matter, most soldiers have the mentality that if they are captured by islamic extremists, they will be tortured and killed without any mercy. This is the idea in the Infantry anyway, I know I would never allow them to take me alive if I was capable of it. Alot of soldiers will tell you that it's morally wrong what they did, but alot of them are upset at why the world is so upset when in some cases we slap or humiliate a prisoner, that seems to be more of a crime than burning and dragging American CIVILIANS through the streets and hanging them on a bridge as trophies. Sometimes I just shake my head in disgust. If we kill them in self defense, we are called murderers, if they kill us, they are heroes and freedom fighters. It all just makes me sick.
|