Thursday, April 15, 2004

Fragile Truce

The assault on Fallujah looks pretty imminent now. Helicopters and Warplanes hammering at the positions of known insurgence. I guess, in my eyes, and in the eyes of many other people it's a good thing. Though, i'm sure other people are horrified. War is a dirty business, and is bad. However, freedom is not free and it comes at a very high cost. I think people should stop living in this dream world about world peace. Humans have a big flaw about fighting their own brother. That is apart of NATURE. It is an idea that will only lead to frustration and heart break, but it will never happen. The reason is, there will always be misunderstanding and misinterpretations. There will always be some crazy man in control of another country. Back to what I was saying. I hope no one really thought the insurgence would put down their weapons and try and make Iraq a better place. I predicted that they would do this just like the Hamas in Palestine when they made their truce. They pretend to be interested, but are using that precious time to re-arm and re-fit and organize more attacks. Plus. I and like many other people don't think you can negotiate with these people and so I think we need to "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

Looks like Israel is pulling from the West Bank. I wonder how long that will last. I hope it all works out though. I don't think it will though. Some suicide bomber will attack Israel, and they will ruin any chance they had at peace for at least a year.
|