Saturday, March 12, 2005

Singing in the Rain

Not much has been going on that is really worth reporting about lately. I've been enjoying my short time off. It shouldn't be as crazy as a work schedule as it was before.

It has been raining like crazy over here for the past 3-4 days. It has rained more here than I think I've seen it rain in such a short period of time back in the states. The streets are flooded all over and it's impossible not to track mud into buildings. Yesterday and today were the worst. It was raining cats and dogs on and off all day and in between it was still raining. Luckily, I have several sets of boots and socks, because my one pair is SOAKED. It finally stopped tonight. Last time I was here, I never saw anything like this. It must be REALLY shitty out in the actual city where they really don't much much to drain this stuff out. We had to take our Machine guns we mount on our vehicles and coat them with alot of lubricant to take off any rust from the missions they were using them during the rainy days. That is very important, nothing worse than the sound of "ka-chunk" from a 240 in a fire fight. Luckily they are very reliable.
|