Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!

I get to have some involuntary R&R for about a week. I have been picked to be put on a detail that will prevent me from going outside the wire. Which is good and is also bad. I wish I could be out there with the guys, but I also am glad for a week I wont be getting shot at or mortars landing close by. I have earned my Combat Infantryman Badge several occasions already and I haven't even been here that long. We recently had a guy get hurt, but he'll be okay. He has to go home though.
Perhaps, it is getting better in other places in Iraq. Just like the news has been saying, however, in our area, things have actually been getting worse. It's funny how back home in America, politics are a big thing. Everyone back home talks about what they see on the news and add their two cents on what needs to be done. However, over here, politics are non-existent. I don't even think of all the political arguments and debate over here. It all seems strangely so far away.
Happy Easter everyone. I hope everyone back home is having a good Sunday. I know if it was me, I would be probably doing some drinking and watching some kind of sports on TV. I think NASCAR is on, so I would probably watch that with my Dad.
|