Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just As Busy

Well, not much has been going on. We are still just as busy as we have been. Recently, we found a VERY dangerous IED. Luckily, we caught it before it blew on an unlucky patrol. It would probably have really messed us up. Our area has been pretty quiet lately. Which is good, but now it seems the enemy has stopped trying to engage us in fire fights and rockets and has moved solely to using IEDs. We have been finding them alot lately. We also have other ways of countering IEDs without just looking for them, of course, for me to talk about it would be a definite OPSEC violation, so I will not go there, but it is effective.

Since I am going to be leaving Iraq soon, alot of things about home come into memory. Food, movies, beaches, clubs, friend all that stuff. It is hard to stay focused when you are anxious to get home. Where you don't have roadside bombs, RPGs and Mortars being fired at you. It is going to be more difficult transitioning back to life in America. I have definitely seen more combat this time around. After 2 deployments in just 3 years and training in between, I have come to realize I have had VERY little time on my own. So, it is time for me to move on and go out into the real world, find a job and probably eventually start a family.
|