Saturday, May 07, 2005

Gun Fight at the OK Corral

Lately not much has happened. Except, some of our guys in a different platoon who were on patrol got into a hairy fire fight. No Americans were hurt, but a ING soldier got lightly wounded. One thing is for sure, the ING are NOT afraid to pull the trigger. At least we know we can trust these guys, hopefully. They keep insisting and their trainers tell us they are all good men.

We recently had the memorial held for our brothers in arms that had recently passed away. It was a really good service. It brought alot of emotions out. I came very near to crying myself. Which is kinda strange, because I have never even cried at a funeral for one of my own family members. I guess it's true what they say, that the bond of men fighting along side one another is stronger than any bond you will ever find in civilian life. I think it was very important to have this so we could all have closer and move on. We have to focus on the task at hand and bring everyone else home alive.
|