Friday, September 03, 2004

To Russia With Love

100 or so dead bodies were tragically found after raid by Russian commandos on a school. "Rebels" took control of a school and held teachers, parents and children hostage. This is one of the most cowardly acts of terrorism I can think of. I guess this sort stuff happens in Iraq too, but I can't confirm that of course. What kind of people would do something like this? These groups of rebels aren't showing any glorious causes, they just make themselves look like animals. This is a tragic day for Russia as I can tell, I think this will haunt them for a very long time. This doesn't help their cause at all. However, we have to accept the fact that war is a very dirty business. I wouldn't be surprised if more of this type of stuff happens in the future. It just sounds insane to me how these so called "rebels" which really are nothing more than terrorist thugs are going to win a war by taking hostage of parents and their children.
|