Saturday, February 14, 2004

Frustration

There was a raid on an Iraqi police station that resulted in the deaths of 20 people. The insurgence was successful in freeing nearly 100 people. This is very very discouraging and makes me have even less respect for Iraqi police. They have a really hard job, and it seems at times impossible. Maybe I expect too much of them. This just makes me outraged that this was successfully carried out, especially since I know if a similar raid was done on a building protected by Americans, the insurgence would have been no doubtedly repelled. Now, this is going to rally more supporters for them and make them look even stronger. I am so upset about this I can hardly think clearly right now. It is a huge embarrassment to say the least. It looks really bad on us because we helped train IPs. This will not be the first time these raids are carried out. One thing this does prove though, that all the anti-occupation people throughout the world can't say that we aren't getting the bad guys. Seeing as how the insurgence went and was willing to sacrifice 50 guys for a bunch of prisoners.
|