Tuesday, February 03, 2004

The Welcome Wagon

Finally, returning I received a nice welcome back. Which was a mortar attack early in the morning. I woke up for that one. Most other guys slept through it. The day I got back, they have been getting attacked for 3 days straight. Which is really interesting. So, now it's been 4 days straight. Once, a 120mm mortar hit by a bunch of mobile home like houses where soldiers were going to sleep. One piece of shrapnel penetrated 5 of these buildings. Luckily, no one had moved into them. I always thought it was a big mistake where they were building them anyway. I guess some of these contractors or officers aren't paid to think a whole lot.

The transition from going home to back here was alot harder than I thought it would be. Being pretty used to and comfortable with the environment in Iraq, though it was at times hostile was something I was just used to. However, coming back was really hard for me. I'm starting to get the hang of it again. Though, it hasn't been real easy. It shouldn't take too long for me to get back into the swing of things.
|