Thursday, December 11, 2003

Anti-War Protests

Anti-Terror demonstrations I guess just went on. I haven't seen anything about it on the news. Then again, I hardly get any time to watch the news. Though, from looking at Zeyad's site, it looked like a pretty successful demonstration. I guess that kind of smashes the whole "Iraqis hate Americans" myth. Which is funny, I'm sure someone is going to say that that is really a small group and they don't represent how Iraqis feel. Just like with anything else, if people don't like what they see, they will declare it to be false and not true. Anyway, I'm closed off from the world now, so I never got to see the demonstration. Glad the IPs were able to keep the place fairly secure. I'm sure some terrorists would have love to rain on that parade. See Http://healingiraq.blogspot.com for pictures and further details.

On another note, I would like to say Wolfowitz is a big idiot. To me, this is just really childish. To ban all the bids for Iraq reconstruction. I never really liked the Bush administration. The only policy they have that I like is their stance on the war on terror. Other than that, I do not like their domestic policy. I have said it before, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, that I did vote for Gore. Back to what I'm saying, this is not going to help the reconstruction at all. All this is going to accomplish is re-opening wounds. We need to set aside our differences and work together to help the Iraqi people.
|