Tuesday, June 28, 2005

HOME SWEET HOME!

I am now back in the United States. Finally back on home soil and it feels GREAT. It is so nice being able to goto a public area and not have to wear a kevlar helmet or flak vest. Not only that, it is so much easier to talk to the locals. It is also good to see again all the strong support we have back in the United States. Even if many people don't agree with the war, they at least respect the guys that have to do the fighting. I can't even, and don't want to imagine what it must have been like to return from a year in a really tough fight in Vietnam just to be spat on and to be called a baby killer. That was a very sad time in our history.

It would be a lie if I said I liked Iraq. My experiences the first time were good. I lived by a good neighborhood near the green zone where the people were very friendly to American forces. This tour we were in a much tougher part of town and much poorer. So it was a big difference. I am a professional and we all did our job as professionals, but most will tell you they hated it there.
|