Monday, October 27, 2003

Bloody Baghdad

Well, I just caught wind of all the stuff that has been happening today. I'm shocked to say the least. A bombing at the Red Cross and bombings happening all over the place. How pathetic, I find it funny how they want to show how great their religion is by blowing up as many Iraqi civilians as they can on their holiday. All this is just making me really sick. You know all the democrats running for office are going to use this situation for political leverage. Funny how none of them cowards have been bold enough to come and see Iraq for themselves, maybe then, they would have a different opinion about Iraq. This will probably get more Iraqis to see just how evil these terrorists are and that they just use religion as a recruiting tool for their own agenda. I can tell you one thing though, not a single Iraqi will tell you that Iraqis do this type of stuff, it is foreign terrorists that do this kind of stuff. Before I close this though, I want you to not let this give you a bad idea about Iraq. Right now, there has been ALOT of progress in this country. My Iraqi friend who works with the Military Police as a translator said they used to get 100 reports of car theft a day at their checkpoint alone. Ever since the introduction of Iraqi police, that number has dwindled down to 2 a day. The night time has become much more quiet and the electricity stays on much longer than it used to. Every Iraqi I talk to says everyone is getting really optimistic about the future of Iraq, and believe it will be the great nation it used to be. It is also really something to watch, a nation go from no government or social services to where it is now. I give it about 5 to 10 years before Iraq will become and light to all other Arab nations.
|